After getting admission to a school in Nigeria, it is required that a student goes to the university, polytechnic or college for his fresher registration or screening. The screening requires a variety of important documents from the student which must be available on demand.
At FUOYE, some documents are required for fresher’s screening. Some of these documents are to be submitted either to the departmental office, faculty, or the administration block. It is advisable to see the registration or screening through to avoid difficulties later in the school.
Below are the documents that you need to make available for your registration:
- Original Jamb Result
- JAMB Admission Letter
- Original O’level Results
- Certificate of Origin
- Birth Certificate
- Letter of Guarantor
- All Payment Receipts e.g., acceptance fee, tuition fee, etc.
- School Admission letters
- Court Affidavit Certificate of Good Conduct
- Medical Certificate
After getting your documents ready for the registration, what do you do next?
- When your documents are ready, at least 3 duplicates must be made for each. This is to avoid stressful work in the nearest future as the university will demand it.
- After that has been done, you can go ahead to complete the registration.
- it is advisable to read and take note of the school rules and regulations to avoid problems later on.
- After the necessary registration is complete, it’s a good idea to retrieve your faculty and departmental timetables as soon as possible so that you can start attending lectures.
- Attend lectures always to kickstart a smooth academic career in your school.
- Make inquiries from lecturers, administrative staff, or students when necessary. Their advice might come in handy.
- Build relationships with the best students at your level and students at the upper level. Their tips will make it easy for you to navigate through the school.
- Finally, you must not get ahead of yourself and make irrational decisions. Always stay calm and humble while you are in the school.
Above are the documents needed for your fresher registration and the next steps to take while you get into the university. Was this helpful to you? Let us know in the comment section below.
Leave a Comment